The holidays may be looking a little bit different this year, but that doesn’t mean we’re losing any of our holiday spirit! There are still plenty of trees to be decorated and mantles to be adorned. Decorating always comes with a little bit of tidying, too. Here is a quick holiday cleaning checklist so that you can end 2020 comfortably and start 2021 with a clean home.
- Vacuum carpets, floors, and baseboards
- Wipe down windows
- Spray/mist houseplants
- Organize or throw away old magazines and newspapers
- Clear off coffee tables
Kitchen and Dining
- Wipe down counters and tables
- Launder and lay out table linens
- Deep clean refrigerator, freezer, and oven
Bedrooms and Closets
- Declutter unworn items from closet for donation
- Wash bed linens
- Make beds
- Fluff pillows
- Set out new hand towels
- Wipe down counter areas, faucets, sinks, and mirrors
- Restock soaps, lotions, and other guest toiletries
- Set out candles, flowers, or centerpieces
- Decorate your mantel
- Add throw blankets to common area seating
- Put out holiday scented soaps and lotions
Your holiday cleaning checklist doesn’t have to feel like one big chore. We recommend tackling one room at a time; start with a little cleaning at the beginning of the month and your home will be holiday-ready in no time! You’ll be surprised how uplifting a quick home refresh can be. If you have pets, be sure to check out our post about pet-safe holiday tips!
Looking for more than just a simple home refresh? Our designers at WPL Interior Design are ready to help you meet your home renovation goals of 2021. Get a head start by filling out our design inquiry form today!